Signing For Childcare Providers
Children in Early Years settings often develop cognitive thinking before speech meaning they know exactly what they want; yet because of their language skills are not at the same level they are often unable to communicate this.
Benefits of signing in Early Years settings include:
· Opening ways of communicating
· Can be used throughout a setting and does not need to be restricted to a certain age
· Allows children to express needs
· Allows children to express interests
· Prevents episodes of frustration and anger
· Gives children a voice · Supports language development
· Allows children with language skills to understand children who have speech and language difficulties
. Supports EAL and SEN children
· It is fun to learn
· Children build confidence and social skills
Flutterbabies can work with your setting on implementing signing into your daily routine, providing you with resources to use with your staff and children. A qualified Primary School teacher and Signing Specialist will work with your team and deliver a series of interactive sessions your children will love!
We’ve had some astounding results within settings implementing our approach!
Contact us to find out how we can assist your children’s learning today!