An inclusive set of practices to enhance playful interaction and communication between parent and baby and to promote their healthy development
Baby Yoga compliments Baby Massage beautifully and is a fantastic follow on.
In one short session a baby experiences as much physical activity as they would receive if they were handled and carried all day which should help them sleep for longer. We also include some gentle postnatal exercises for mum. Don’t worry if you’ve never done yoga before, you won’t be expected to get yourself or your baby into any strange positions!
You’ll follow a series of simple stretches to begin with before giving your baby lots of skin-to-skin contact and very gentle muscle stimulation without any force and we always start off with a gentle dry massage for baby to warm their muscles up. Baby Yoga can help with the following common difficulties:
• Colic and crying
• Constipation and digestive problems
• Slow weight gain
• Feeding difficulties
• Sleeping patterns
Not only do we practice yoga moves with baby, but we also do some sensory work with scarves, ribbons and parachutes. This is all well balanced so that we don’t overstimulate your little one.
If you have an older sibling and have no childcare for them, it’s fine to bring them along to class with you – although we do recommend you bring a doll with you so that they can copy what you are doing!
Benefits Practicing Baby Yoga has many benefits for both you and your baby. Here are just a few of the visible benefits you’ll see:
• Helps balance, co-ordination and motor skills
• Aids respiration and digestion • Allows babies to move freely
• Strengthens their bodies and develops reflexes
• Aids bonding, trust and social interaction
• Stimulates the brain through endorphin release
• Develops physical confidence and spatial awareness
• Improves muscle development • Promotes better sleep
• Improves learning and social development
Do you have twins? You only pay for one baby, not both – contact us for more details.